You’re probably wanting to find out how to find your Steam ID but can’t find the location. Don’t worry you’re not the only one which has had this problem as many other Steam users struggle to find their steam ID regularly. The good news is finding your steam ID is very easy and in this article, we will explain how to do this.
Know what you’re looking for
To find your steam ID you will be looking for a 17-digit code that is unique to just your steam profile. It has several uses but shouldn’t be given out lightly as it’s the main ID for your account. The steam ID can have several purposes such as helping your close friends find your account easier and linking your account to third party applications.
Finding your Steam ID
1. Assuming you are on using a Desktop make sure you have steam open and on the main loading screen, this will mean you need to log in and be looking at your game selection.
2. Next, go to the profile section of your account on steam and wait for the page to fully load. Your profile section is where your name appears in big letters as shown by the photo below.
3. Once your profile loads you will see a long URL, your steam ID is the number bit which is at the end of the URL. If it doesn’t appear then don’t worry the next section of this article will explain how to reveal the URL.
How to reveal your Steam ID
If you can’t find your steam ID in the URL of your profile just follow these steps:
2. In the settings menu navigate to “interface” as shown in the picture below
3. Now click on the box called “Display Steam URL address bar when available”. You should now be able to see your Steam URL and highlight it to share it.
Hopefully, you’ve now found out how to find your Steam URL with ease. If you’ve found this article helpful let us know or share it for others to see.
Share our post: